- Opći dio
- 1. Prologue - OnlineYou are about to meet John and Marek, the two cousins who set to discover the secrets of Wrocław. You will be assisting them during their adventures in Wrocław, a city in south-western Poland.This module is a complete story. Please follow it step by step, starting from Part 1 (Prologue) to Part 5 (the dwarves).Each section comes with an episode of John and Marek's story. Remember: you should always read the story texts before you proceed to the exercises.In this section you will explore Wrocław a little bit. Your tasks await below! Remember to read the story first in every section!
- 2. So, what is Wrocław anyway?
In this discussion-driven section you will go on a sightseeing trip around Wrocław and visit some nooks and crannies you can find in and around the city!
- 3. Hey, this city ain't half that bad.Marek and John begin exploring the city following a picture from a postcard they have found in an old album. They did also find a note, which due to its age has become illegible in some places. Help them figure it all out!Plac Nowy Targ that Marek and John found in the postcard (credit - Fotopolska.eu)Plac Nowy Targ that Marek and John saw today
- 4. All is good that smells good.
Marek and John get hungry. Follow them into Bar Mleczny - a very unique place that serves traditional Polish dishes that originated in the communist era.
READ THE STORY FIRST!
- 5. What are all those buildings and dwarves about?
Embark on the final journey alongside Marek and John and explore some of the less known stories about the city. And the best part - you get to choose how it all ends!
Introduction. Examine the photos and answer the short questions below them.
Look at those pictures of dwarves. What role do you think they play in Wrocław?
Examine these pictures. What do they have in common?
Watch the video below to discover the story behind the dwarves!Thank you Eileen for allowing us to use your video in our course. For more travel adventures around the world, check out Eileen Aldis on YouTube!